July 8, 2010

sad

yesterday was my last midwife appointment. it honestly brought tears to my eyes! i spent almost an entire year with 3 wonderful women, who clearly have a passion for their job. you would have to have a passion!
i mean, i don't know how women have babies with an OB after my wonderful experience with the midwives.
who else can you call at 1:30am when your baby is crying uncontrollably and they offer to come over just to "sit with you for support". or come to your house during labour so that you can be as comfortable as possible for as long as you want (or even have the baby at home!). or have hour long appointments just because you can, and answer every single one of your questions. or keep a pager on them 24/7 so that you can call at the slightest little sniffle if you feel the need to. the home visits on day 1, 3, 5 and 7 were wonderful, i didn't have to go anywhere, and furthermore when kinley started having issues with the colitis they made extra home visits to make sure everything was alright. the care and support these 3 women gave to me, j and kinley is not describable with words. it was the most wonderful and beautiful experience i have had, and you bet your bottom dollar i cried yesterday when it was time to say goodbye, at our 6 week appointment. thank goodness i can still call the office, and that there is a picnic in september. you better believe i'll be going back with baby #2 and #3 and.....well we'll see.

on a happier note, today we are heading to a friend's house for a little dip in their pool! i am so excited to see kinley's reaction in the pool, she loves the bath so hopefully in this heat she'll enjoy the pool! pictures to follow!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I love my midwife. She can do my yearly exams so i actaully never have to go to an OB again. This makes me happy becasue I can keep seeing her. I just hope I don't for some reason have to go to a hospital to deliver.

    The diaper bag was $120. They haveit in a green or pink accent too. Love love it!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments!